This is shopcentraltexas.com. Here we offer you information about where to buy stuff. Today however we are going to tell you how to make stuff….a cake as a matter of fact.
Every girl knows the iconic little blue Tiffany bag….it is the bag most girls dream of receiving a beautiful gift in. If you are thinking of buying a gift from Tiffany for someone and which to compliment the bag itself with a cake then we have the perfect design for you. If you are not able to give a real Tiffany bag to the special person then this fabulous cake will certainly make up for it and put a huge smile on their face.
We aim to give you helpful instructions on how to make the perfect Tiffany themed cake, below you will find a list of all the necessary materials required. All the instructions have been simplified by the fully trained confectioners at Cake in a Box. If any further hints and tips are required then the team can be contacted find there website. Simply type cakes Glasgow into a search any you will find the site.
Tiffany blue sugar-paste
1x 14inch cake drum
2x Spare cake boards
Large cutting knife
Small cutting knife
Tiffany blue ribbon
Want to see how to make a Tiffany box cake. What this helpful video tutorial and get some tips:
- Bake a twelve inch square vanilla sponge cake. Once baked allow to cool for 2 hours.
- Prepare your butter-cream and jam filling.
- Prepare your cake board by spreading a small amount of royal icing onto the board then cover the board with white sugar-paste, once the board is covered cut around the edges of the board and cut away the excess sugar-paste.
- Place your cake on the spare cake board and slice through the middle with your large cake knife.
- Apply jam and butter-cream in the middle and the place the cake back together.
- Cut off the two corners at an angle at the top of the square cake.
- Cover the rest of the cake in butter-cream, apply with palette knife until even and smooth.
- Take your Tiffany blue coloured sugar-paste and using your rolling pin roll out until even.
- Lay the sugar-paste over the cake itself and pat around the edges with your hands, be carefully not to tear the corners. Cut away the excess sugar-paste. Use the smoother to smooth around the corners.
- Let the sugar-paste settle for an hour. Place the other extra cake board on top of the sugar-pasted cake and the very carefully flip the cake over to expose the side that has no sugar -paste.
- Remove the cake board on top and smooth out the butter-cream with the palette knife if necessary.
- Roll out another piece of Tiffany blue sugar-paste (Make this piece slighter thicker than before). Place over the cake and cut away the edges.
- Once you have left the cake to settle, lift the cake onto the iced board.
Place it sitting up on the board as you want it to have a three dimensional effect.
- Use the modelling tool with the large ball shape at the end and indent two holes into the sugar-paste at each end at the front of the bag. (Be careful not to break the sugar-paste as this will expose the butter-cream underneath).
- Roll out a thin tube like white sugar-paste shape for the handle.
- Apply the strap with the edible glue, allow to set for 2-3mins.
- To finish the cake off you can pipe tiffany & co on the front of the bag and then sprinkle some edible glitter over the cake.
- Take your pritt stick and glue around the sides of the cake board then place your Tiffany blue ribbon around it.
If you wish to add some extra touches to the cake you can make a very small cake out of the excess cake you have and create a box with some jewellery inside and the place at the side of the bag on the board. You may also want to write a personal message on the cake board with your royal icing bag.
We hope you manage to create this beautiful cake as it truly is the perfect idea for a gift or to compliment another.